Portrait Photographer Leeds | Portrait shoots - what to wear?
Clients that invest in professional photos, often have them displayed on the walls of their home for years to come, so it is worth giving outfit choices some consideration. I get asked about this pretty regularly, so it seemed to warrant a quick blog post! Here are a few tips to consider;
- First and foremost you should feel comfortable. Outdoor shoots in Yorkshire can be chilly, so layer up if its cold! This is especially true for little ones.
- Choose clothes that are 'you'. It sounds obvious, but opt for clothing that you'd enjoy wearing on days you were not booked in for a shoot.
- Avoid large logos, heavy branding and loud patterns.
- Avoid items that crease easily.
- Bring accessories along to the shoot (hats are a personal favourite). They lend themselves perfectly to a 'pop' of colour - and enable me to get a more diverse selection of images. Scarves, pashminas, ponchos, tutus, costume jewellery have all worked really well in the past too.
- Group shots look great when the individuals are wearing clothing of a similar style and colour palette. But think co-ordinating rather than matching
- Consider your home decor. If you have a specific colour scheme at home, this can be worth considering, if the images will ultimately be printed and framed on the walls.
Im happy to offer any further advice if needed :-)
I'm Ilkley based but frequently travel around Yorkshire (and beyond) for portraiture sessions. If you are interested in booking a photoshoot, drop me a line (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a call (07429017143).
I'm Ilkley based photographer, but frequently travel around Yorkshire (and beyond) for portraiture sessions. If you are interested in booking a photoshoot, drop me a line (email@example.com) or a call (07429017143).