Yorkshire Photographer | Shoot Locations
If you've paid a visit to my galleries, you'll see that I love to shoot outdoors. There are so many beautiful locations in the local area that we really are spoilt for choice!
On booking a shoot, some clients have very set ideas as to where they would like it to take place - often somewhere they have a connection with already. This often takes me to new places, which I love! I often shoot at clients homes too - in fact some of my favourite images have been taken in clients gardens.
However, I often get asked for recommendations too....and so I've pulled together a quick 'go to' list of suggestions.
The truth is, you can achieve fantastic images pretty much anywhere, so long as the light is good. Its my job to seek out the 'good light' and incorporate that into the proceedings!!
- Cow and Calf Rocks - Ilkley. Beautiful, but can be a little windy and rocky for little ones!
- Bluebell Woods - Middleton, Ilkley. The Bluebells are out April/May time and there is literally a carpet of purple throughout. Its the business!
- Swinsty Reservoir - north of Otley / west of Harrogate
- Fewston Reservoir - north of Otley / west of Harrogate
- Ilkley Tarn - within easy walking distance of town and on the foot of the moorland. Good for feeding ducks!
- Harlow Carr - Harrogate
- Filey - as you'd expect, beautiful beaches
- Roundhay Park - Leeds
- Golden Acre Park - Leeds
- Valley Gardens - Harrogate
- Burnsall - fields, hills, bridges, rivers....lovely!
- Bolton Abbey - as above but with ruins....and chocolate scones!!
- Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal - near Ripon. A national trust site, with abbey ruins, fantastic and expansive grounds....and my personal favourite, the Deer Park.
- Malham - both the village and the 'Cove' are great locations
- Brimham Rocks - another national trust site. Known for its striking rock formations, it makes for some great photography, albeit kiddies need to be watched carefully!!
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park - Wakefield
- Calverley Cutting - a fab woodland location, deceptively close to main road links
If I've missed any hidden gems, then please do drop me a line!!
I'm Ilkley based photographer, but happily travel around Yorkshire (and beyond) for wedding and portraiture bookings. If you are interested in discussing a shoot or wedding day coverage, i'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line (email@example.com) or a call (07429017143).
Yorkshire photographer | Yorkshire wedding photographer | Harrogate wedding photographer | Yorkshire portrait photographer | Leeds photographer