Yorkshire Photographer | Shoot Locations
If you've paid a visit to my 'Babies and Children' gallery, you'll see that I love to shoot outdoors. There are so many beautiful locations in the area that we really are spoilt for choice!
On booking a shoot, some clients have very set ideas as to where they would like it to take place - often somewhere they have a connection with already. This often takes me to new places, which I love! I often shoot at clients homes too - in fact some of my favourite images have been taken in nurseries and back gardens.
However, I often get asked for recommendations too....and so I've pulled together a quick 'go to' list of suggestions.
The truth is, you can achieve fantastic images pretty much anywhere, so long as the light is good. Its my job to seek out the 'good light' and incorporate that into the proceedings!!
I have my first shoot in the Kettlewell countryside scheduled for Monday. Can't wait - stay tuned! :-)
- Cow and Calf Rocks - Ilkley
- Bluebell Woods - Middleton, Ilkley. The Bluebells are out April/May time and there is literally a carpet of purple throughout. Its the business!
- Swinsty Reservoir - north of Otley / west of Harrogate
- Fewston Reservoir - north of Otley / west of Harrogate
- Ilkley Tarn - within easy walking distance of town and on the foot of the moorland. Good for feeding ducks!
- Filey - as you'd expect, beautiful beaches
- Roundhay Park - Leeds
- Golden Acre Park - Leeds
- Valley Gardens - Harrogate
- Burnsall - fields, hills, bridges, rivers....lovely!
- Bolton Abbey - as above but with ruins....and chocolate scones!!
- Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal - near Ripon. A national trust site, with abbey ruins, fantastic and expansive grounds....and my personal favourite, the Deer Park. An engagement shoot at the Deer Park shall be on the blog in a few weeks
- Malham - both the village and the 'Cove' are great locations
- Brimham Rocks - another national trust site. Known for its striking rock formations, it makes for some great photography, albeit kiddies need to be watched carefully!!
I'm Ilkley based photographer, but frequently travel around Yorkshire (and beyond) for portraiture sessions. If you are interested in booking a photoshoot, drop me a line (email@example.com) or a call (07429017143).